Do you love your home but feel that you are running out of space? A laneway home or coach house could be the perfect solution for you. Silvercrest Custom Homes & Renovations will help you maximize the potential of your laneway house Vancouver to give you the additional space that you need.
If you are interested in finding out if your property is applicable for a laneway home or coach house, contact us for a complementary consultation today! We’d be happy to give you all the information you need to fully understand the process and financing needed to build a laneway home in Vancouver.
Building It Right
Greg Birch CPA,CGA
Greg is known for his building sensibility and construction of affordable, high performance homes with the latest technology.
Greg graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration from Simon Fraser University and holds a Chartered Professional Accountant designation. He is responsible for overseeing project management for every one of our builds and renovations. Greg’s philosophy is about staying true and authentic to style and creating a comfortable, functional and affordable living environment.
FULL TRANSPARENCY WITH SILVERCREST CUSTOMER PROJECT PORTAL
People are choosing Silvercrest Custom Homes and Renovations because we provide transparency and control for our clients. Our clients can view construction progress, approve sub-trade quotes, make interior finish selections and much more anywhere and anytime by accessing our cloud based Customer Project Portal on their desktop or smart phone. Not tech savvy, no worries, we still have you covered. Get daily progress reports emailed to you directly, telephone meetings, onsite reviews, or schedule weekly in person meetings. Click on the video to find out more about our process and how it protects you.
IS YOUR LOT ELIGIBLE FOR A LANEWAY HOME?
Some of the key regulations for laneway homes are as follows:
- Located on a lot at least 33 feet wide
- Property must have open lane on a double fronting street or on a corner with lane dedication
- Fire access must be provided from the street along one of the side yards to the entrance of the laneway home
- Minimum of one on-site parking space must be provided
- A minimum of 16 feet separation is required between the main house and laneway house
WHAT SIZE OF LANEWAY HOME CAN I BUILD?
We determine the most effective size and shape of your laneway home during the first step of our process:
- Maximum allowable unit size is based on lot size, to a maximum of 900 sq. ft. For example, a maximum unit size of approximately 650 square foot is allowed on a 33 ft. x 122 ft. lot.
- 1 and 1½ storey configurations are possible, with guidelines to address upper storey massing, privacy and shadowing
If you are interested in finding out if your property is applicable for a laneway home or coach house, contact us for a complementary consultation today! We’d be happy to give you all the information you need to fully understand the process and financing needed to build a laneway home or coach house.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO BUILD MY LANEWAY?
Register for Upcoming Home Tour
Register for an upcoming home tour.
We have home tours for recently completed project.
Check out the building process as we are working on a project.
Get ideas for your upcoming project.
Time To Start Brainstorming?
Do We Have Some Ideas For You!
Laneway Floor Plan Samples